Re: Some FC-200 answers...more questions

In a message dated 12/29/99 12:50:46 AM, wedgehed@yahoo.com writes:

>Do each of the 4 modes have a user program slot as
>well as factory preset? If so, how do you program the
>unit? Do you need an external device such as a midi
>keyboard or fx processor to send programming info to
>the FC-200?
 You can easily program the FC by itself, even tho it's just got a 2-digit
led screen. It's really not cryptic. Program-change mode can be set to
send
bank select messages or not, but the pedal/number  relationship seems
fixed
(this is not my mode, remember...). CC#s can be changed for all
controllers,
footswitches can be set to latch or momentary, octave range but not note
assignments can be switched in note mode using a pedal in one of the 6
jacks,
and MIDI Machine Control and Realtime messages can be sent  instead of
CC#'s
by any footswitch, and there's a limited amount of function overlap, so
you
can have a bit of everything in program change mode. Sysex mode seems to
be
only for storage and swapping between other FC-200s.
Hope that helps.
dpc