Boss VF-1 (V-family effects ?)

I don't know anything about this new half/rack m.effects box from Boss, so I don't know if it could be useful to loop some sounds or not, but I would try to ask if someone did already try it or not.
Here is the reason of my interest:
I  own a Roland VS 840 EX and also tried a VG-8, on them both there are really interesting modulation, bass simulators and noise effects for which I was waiting for a Roland release of an effect box with those effect's taste.
Does anybody know if VF-1 could be this one?

Thanks
Luca