Re: Bill Frisell

george mcconnell wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any Bill Frisell fans out there.  I had the
> pleasure of seing him perform at the TLA here in Philly, with Greg Leisz
>on
> Steel guitar.  He worked up some incredible loops and almost the entire
>time
> they played he was fooling with an effects unit.

 oh, yes.

but there seem to be at least two factions: one pre-nashville/good dog...
(i.e.
more experimental) the other groovin' to the post-industrial americana of
his
more recent albums. i, for one, like both facets of his work; seeing him
live
with liesz made a believer out of me with respect to his recent material.
hearing him play around with short loops and delays while liesz created
mellifluous gobs of distorted tonal splendour on a lap steel is quite
something.

best,

lance g.