Re: microsynth

You can find info on the sherman filterbank at this
address-http://www.ping.be/sherman/
when I bought mine I had to order it from a distributor in Minnesota I
believe. I live in Chicago and nobody carried it that I knew of. In school
we
get free copies of electronic musician and I started a discussion of the
filterbank from an ad I saw. It turned out a classmate had one and I was
able
to have an audition of it. I like the sound of the electrix filters but
felt
that it's buzz setting didn't quite cut it. The sherman's filters are
really
extreme, the electrix can't compare in the range available for sonic
mutilation. It's also nice to have the FM and AM available. Since it's
true
analog it does have a warm sound. The warmness is more modern sounding
than
say a seventies kind of warm so I feel it doesn't alienate people who may
be
used to hearing a harsher digital filter sound. The unit is also well
constructed.

I recommend you try to look up anything you are thinking of buying here
first
to see what others may say about the product.
<A HREF="http://www.sonicstate.com/bbsonic/synth/index.cfm">Synth Site -
The
World's Greatest Synth Resource</A>

signing off,