Re: MY2K musical diary online

At 22:00 +0100 1/23/00, Michael Peters wrote:
>I've set up a webpage today (see URL below) to publish my own musical
>diary
>(23 entries so far). You can click a calendar and listen to the sound of
>the day. Have fun, and let me know what you think.

Very cool, Michael.

I might attempt a variation of this.  I'm often travelling without
music-making tools (well, the PowerBook has a built-in mic, but...)
To me the 10-second limit seems a bit artificial (though I recognize
the power of the idea that limitations, like deadlines, have a way of
channeling creativity).  Some days I might create a 45 second piece,
others a 3 second loop, and I might also be away from home for a week.

So my variation would be to simply upload sounds and compositional
fragments on a semi-regular basis ...

It would be very cool if a number of people were doing this, with
their sites linked together, and with some kind of agreement for
using others' pieces in one's own work (though just asking might
suffice!).  Or have I just re-invented Rocket Networks?  Or open
source music?  (I talked to the guy who owns the openmusic.org domain
name once, and that was his vision for its use.)

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com
http://www.sonosphere.com/