Re: looper-friendly MIDI sequencer?

this must be parallel ideation at work again.. damn them mayans.. i am
currently spec-ing a platform for a real-time opensource performance
oriented loop tool... looking at maxmsp, beos, and linux...

among the features would be the ability to visually arrange the loop
fragments as they are entered, and to transition between scenes gradually--
fade this snip in over n bars, for example.. with a performance-oriented
user interface...

backwards--
the idea extends the basic delay line to a more acid-like concept where you
have fragments which together form the piece.. the fragments all loop, are
all synced together and with midiclock. fragments could initially be tapped
in.

one thing id like to work on is having switching between multiple outputs--
so that you could potentially build sections of the piece in your own
private headphone mix and then fade them in to a mainmix, or blast them
in..
multiple synced musicians working together could coordinate pieces and work
on different substructures within the soundspace simultaneously.

of course, its just a lofty dream. but manifestation is inevitable when we
see the illusion of rhythm.

btw if anyone is interested in collaborating, pls let me know. im doing a
little work for David Z. of Cycling74 and trying to hook into CNMAT in
Berkeley so that the resource pool builds.. The MAXMSP people had this idea
awhile ago and toyed with it.

in lakech
-jan