Re: Discuss Amongst Yourselves....

93

Larry Tremblay wrote:
> I was making a case against mystical,
> unfounded, beliefs about music which are based on little more
> than "feelings". For example, just because I "feel" that the
> world is round, it does not make it true. Feeling are no
> substitute for the validity of the senses.

Not going to get into the philosophical inaccuracies here, but I would
simply like to state that many musicians find a meaningful connection
between music (making and listening) and various forms of mysticism.
Why, our two main looper gods (Fripp and Torn) both use
mystical/philosophical terminology to express what they do, in addition
to the actual tones they produce.

93
Rev. Doubt-Goat