"Loop" interacting and ''standard minimal set of phisical skills'' ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rev. Doubt-Goat" <dgoat@quik.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: "Loop" interacting with the rest of the music.

> 93
>
> Julio Moreno wrote:
> >
> > I post this some days ago...i think was an important topic ...No
>coments
???
> > The questions is:
> > How you can ''construct'' a groovy loop if you don't know to play your
> > instrument with swing ??? I speaking about ''construct'' playing , not
> > programing/sampling etcetc ...
>
> Hmmmm, if I understand you correctly here, you're asking how one can
> create good loops without being a good musician.
>
> Well, looping is often approached from a different angle than standard
> playing technique, and as such, often lends itself well to the "naive"
> musician. A minimal set of physical skills is all that is necessary.
> Music is in the "ears," not the "hands."

Ok ....i understand this...and i think it's very important to use the
machines as ''tools'' for improve creation and expand our ''minds'' :  )
...but i tryin to say something like this: i can loop a patern of the James
Brown's song ''Sex Machine" guitar riff  in my machine to jam with or
etcetc
...but i know ''how to''  and ''can'' play it for long very ''tigth'' with
drumer and a  bassist grooving ... i think this is very important for my
''standard minimal set of phisical skills'' ... and really :  i'm not
definetely a  ''virtuoso'' ...  :   )  obviously i'm not triyng to say that
everybody must play with this '' standard minimal set of phisical skills''
... Music must be FUN , loop must be FUN , and everybody can play/loop and
ENJOY  freely ...This machines are there for pleasure and joy. I'm sure the
people who project them, think first on this item. But  i think a serious
(not necessarily ''profesional''...) musician must be  ready to play with a
minimum amount of accuracy. And of course , my machine helps me a lot to
play better and practise in a very funny way. Good health !
julio