A Thought On Bass Samples

Hi Everybody!

I play Bass.  I have the ability to record samples directly to my computer.
If I were to make samples ( I know there's already a lot out there that are
really good) but just curious if I were to do that, what would be the best
format?  What's the best way to record them.  I would be willing to post
them on what limited space I have on my website free for the folks on list
if there is interest, but since I'm new to this I really would like to work
on getting the best sample possible, but I don't really know where to
start.
Maybe there's something that you really want but isn't out there...a
passage
from a particular tune maybe....just thoughts -

-Daniel