Re: Acid

I use Acid pH1, one of the lite variants, so no MIDI sync, or multiple
sound cards or plug-ins etc, but I've found it to be a flexible px for
use with my own loops, or more often, manipulating several minutes of,
say, a live performance, slicing and dicing to edit out bits I don't
need, fading from one section to another. I'd have no use for Cubase as
I can't afford the versions which support sufficient audio tracks to
interest me, and I don't use MIDI (and my PC refuses to recognise any
external MIDI sources anyway). But ACID is capable of more than just
looping - its like anything. You pick the equipment, software that suits
you, and I've found it to be entirely intuitive for what I need. I can
piece together 5 and 6 minute soundscapes from a few fragments, and with
the various speed changes that happen with dropping files an octave or
two (or indeed raising them) a whole range of things can be achieved.

So - I like it...(cos it suits me)

Cheers

David
<http://www.mp3.com/davidcooperorton>