Re: rack mixer w/ aux sends

<<
 Has anybody here know of a rack mixer (around 8 channels) with individual
 aux sends per channel? I am working with delay loops which will require
 me to bring back different channels of processed sound back to another
 channel + send only portion of these to other channels (+ place other
 FXs) before a final cut. I guess this is along the lines of work similar
 to David Torn and others.

I recently found an old-ish rack mixer from Kawai. It has 8 Stereo (yay!)
inputs, each of the 8 channels have two aux sends, one of which is
actually a
stereo send (yay!). The first two stereo channels will handle a mic level,
too. It has balanced outputs L/R  +4/-10 dB  switchable, and an extra pair
of
1/4" outs. There's also additional stereo FX returns but without faders.
Only 2 rack spaces!!  It is pretty darn quiet.   Got it cheap used at a
store
 $100.

sorry don't remember the model num. - Write me at <Echopark99@aol.com>
and I
can check at home if you like!  Beware - there is a cheaper Kawai  8
keyboard
mixer that isn't as nice.  mine has sliding pot faders instead of knobs.
The
only thing  I miss is a simple EQ - hi & lo for each channel.

Also for 2 space mixers the Alesis looks nice it has aux sends and I think
hi
& lo eq. somewhere around $300?  There is also a Samson with rotary knob
faders, haven't  heard it...

eric p
echo park