midi clock -> dead edp and other thoughts

midi clock leads to temporarily dead edp....i think.

My edp arrived Friday (I haven't had so much fun
playing with myself since i was 13 yrs old!).  I
started the weekend loading it with 16MB RAM,
rackmounting it (why do they put the rubber feet on a
rackmount device by default - I had to unrack the
thing to rip its tiny feet off so that i could mount
another unit underneath it), and playing with syncing
the EDP to my other midi gear, both as master & slave.

At one point i cleverly created a midi loop which
apparently hung the edp....not an uncommon behavior
with other midi devices in the same situation.  By
'hang', i mean that the *only* button that would do
anything was the Parameter button.  Stop the midi loop
& power cycle - still dead....I'd see the pretty
scrolling startup text, then nothing (where oh where
is that glorious "199" in bright red??). And again.
Reset to factory defaults - Now I have 2 green zeros,
but still dead.  Unplug the midi out (making *sure* no
loop exists) & recycle power....still as a doornail.
And again.

hmmmm....maybe bad memory?  Ready to yet again unrack
the puppy, i disconnect the midi in & foot pedal
chord, give it one more try and viola!  All the
looping power one man could want at my finger tips.
Now i'm not sure the problem was actually the midi
loop, but it is curious that unplugging the 2 cables
apparently fixed the problem.....coincidence?

I worked with the edp for the next 12 hours and the
memory seems fine.  4 a.m. came and i wisely
determined that i needed at least 3 hours of sleep
before trudging off to the day job....

stephen