Re: Looping Therapy

I believe that there is a certain style of music that is absolutely
therapeutic.  When the stress level at my work-place goes up (I am a
software
engineer) I tend to put on the headphones and listen to Steve Roach
(World's
Edge, Well of Souls), Eno (Neroli, Thursday Afternoon), Fripp (Gates of
Paradise), and it puts me in a relaxed state that is very conducive to
focused,
detailed thought.  Gregorian Chant has the same effect on me.  While I like
classical, rock, and King Crimson (it's own category!) I find that music
to be
too structured and demands too much attention.  (Of course, there are
times at
work where KC (THRaKaTTaK, B'BOOM) is entirely appropriate!)

I have had the EDP for about a month now and my playing seems to have just
naturally gravitated toward the therapeutic edge of the spectrum. I see
nothing
wrong with following one's bliss, to borrow a phrase from J. Campbell.  I
think
it is very commendable that some of the folks here on LD are playing for
patients in hospital.

-Allan