Re: Looper -> multitrack

Not according to the Cycling '74 website.  They say that "We started a
BeOS port of Max but it is currently on hold given that Be, Inc. has
refocused their business away from media applications."

BeOS ver.4 was being sold as an alternative to Windows for professional
audio and video applications. They are now giving away BeOS ver.5, but
they seem to have given up on the pro multi-media market and are targeting
the internet market (with streaming audio and video, MP3's, etc.).

It seems that all the companies that were developing drivers for their
hardware and trying to port their software to BeOS were left out in the
cold by Be. Not a good move on their part and bad news for those who use
computers for more than word processing and the internet.

Ben Porter.

>It's also being ported to BeOS.  Not clear, though, whether its for BeOS
>for
>PowerPCs, BeOS for Intel, or any machine that can run BeOS.

What are you N2?  Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com