Re: 2D pedals

At 6:27 AM -0300 5/23/00, Matthias Grob wrote:
>Alex seems to be very creatif:
>
>>However, I have made my own "joypedal" to control the mixer-morpher
>>Max patch I mentioned recently, and it would
>>work fine for any two voltage control inputs. It's based on a
>>Yamaha CV pedal. I have used it for about five years, on and off,
>>and it hasn't failed yet. If there are enough people interested I
>>will make some more, let me know.
>
>sounds great!
>So the whole pedal is turnable?
>Is the output a voltage or is there a potentiometer in it?

Yes, the whole pedal is turnable, over about a 70 degree range, on a
circular base. The center of the twisting motion is aligned with the
leg bone, more or less, so it is possible to adjust the up-down
position and left-right position independently, with practice. I play
standing up and I've put a lot of weight on it. I am not sure how
easy it would be to use with a guitar on your knee!

There is a potentiometer in it, in addition to the potentiometer that
was already in the pedal for the normal up-down axis. Two TRS jacks,
I plug into an old Yamaha MCS2 MIDI fader box. Does the EDP use
potentiometer pedals?

>>I have recently been trying to figure out how to add a third axis
>>of control without spraining my ankle :-)
>>

>I thought about that too. I guess for a simple short way, almost
>on-off, it should be possible! Or a switch on each side of the
>movement.

Yes, maybe a pressure sensor on the ball of the foot. Or five little
tiny toe-pedals... I remember ads for a wah-wah pedal that didn't
move, it was a little blob, you stood on it and shifted your weight
around. Anyone ever try one of those?

-Alex S.