Re: optical pickup

>  >>There's gotta be a way to make an optical reflective microphone.
>>>Didn't someone already do this for a guitar pickup?
>>
>>there was a guitar to midi converter called photon that used such an
>>optical PU. The advantages are that its easy to separate strings and
>>mount it without modifying the instruments. The position has to be
>>pretty acurate, vertically, but string bending does not hurt.
>>
>>They claimed that conversion was as quick a light - it was not :-(
>>

>  >And I listened once to the pickup: no treble at all.

Pedro Felix found:
>Check out Harmony Central's factoid/press release
>http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2000/LightWave-Optical-Pickup.html
>
>LightWave's site is under construction though.
>PedrOOrdeP

hm, so it works now? great. All the advantages they mention though
are valid for a piezo, too.
I wonder what it sounds like...
Well, for me it would not serve because I need to access the strings
ends with my hand to dampen them (only at attack time, sometimes...)

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org