Re: David Keane

Hey Dan,

After about 6 months of searching I found a copy of Keane's book.
It's fantastic! Very difficult to find. I eventually found it at
a rare book seller on the Web through Book Finder www.bookfinder.com

I would never sell it. "From my cold dead fingers..." ;)

It's full of excellent illustrations, ideas, compositional
strategies, etc. Most of all - No mention of MIDI, Digital
bullshit, wanking off philosophically about which instruments
to use - the Tape Machine *is* the instrument. Also, tips on
how to build looping attachments, setting up a minimal loop studio,
and tape splicing techniques.

I wish the publisher would release a reprint. It really is a
classic of looping. Alas...

Good luck searching. My copy came from a Beverly Hills bookseller.

- Larry T