Re: 'Plex Display Question - dual dots?

what you are seeing is the "autoundo" LED. It's probably not even in the
manual, it's not very critical really. It blinks each time an "autoundo" is
done. Which is to say, each time a loop plays through and you have made no
changes to it. If you do an overdub or something, you will see that this
LED does not blink at the end of that loop period.

I don't have time to explain this well, but Undo is explained in the
manual. that might help you a bit. I don't think it really refers to
"autoundo", since it isn't really important to using the echoplex. But
that's what we call it when we get to the end of the loop, note that no
changes have been made to the loop, and jump back to reuse the previous
loop data. If changes had been made, we go forward to loop with the newly
created loop data. Since we never know when you might make a change, we are
always writing new data so that the previous version can be preserved for
undo's. If we get to the end and see that you didn't make a change, we do
an "autoundo" to toss out the newly written stuff and go back to the
previous data.

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |