Re: Line 6 DL4 or Boomerang?

>Hello,
>
>Im wondering which is the best inexpensive looper---The Line 6 DL4 or the
>Boomerang?  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks.
>
>Will

I use both. I wouldn't say either is better, they're pretty different. The
Line 6's real strength is in the delay modelling, this thing makes some
simply mind-expanding sounds. If you ony occaisionally loop, the Line 6
would probably be fine, the only trade-off being that you can't use the
delay models while looping.

The Boomerang is one of those totally simple, do-one-thing-and-do-it-right
boxes. For as uncomplicated a device as it is, I've found a lot of
different tricks that it can do, and with the upcoming ROM update, there'll
be even more. The Boomerang isn't as hi-fi as the Line 6, but it sounds
better than the specs should warrant. The Boomerang has got to have one of
the best user interfaces ever on a stompbox, it's almost totally intuitive
to use, not something I'd say about the Line 6.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
Minus Web Site: http://listen.to/minusmusic
Minus MP3's: http://www.mp3.com/-minus-