Potentially redundent looping question

I'm sorry if this is a obvious question I should just check the archives
for
but,

Are any of the current loopers (Boomerang, EDP, Lexicon, etc.) capable of
opening the loop and having it decay away incrementally (like the old
Digitech
pedals that used a hold button on the delay)?  Is this one of the upgrades
on
the Boomerang?

I have a DL4 and a couple of Zooms and such and they all seem kind of
abrupt
when you want to exit the loop.

Once again, apologies if this is something that should be painfully
obvious or
has been answered many times over.

Many thanks

Kevin CC