MinusPlus Gig Spam

Yes, once again, Dave is using the looplist for self-promotion. Sigh.

Anyway, since we are playing outside of our normal mossy Oregon backwoods
home, and actually collaborating with another looping musician, I thought
this might be of interest. There will probably be at least 3 JamMen, a
Boomerang, a DL-6, and some pretty loopy individuals manipulating them.

MinusPlus is Mark France (guitar, vocals), Dave Trenkel (bass, groovebox,
Nord Modular, looping devices) and Henry Franzoni (drums), AKA Minus,
joined by Seattle-based bass wizard Fred Chalenor, on various acoustic and
electric basses, Chapman Stick, and electronics. Fred has been a long-term
participant in the NW creative/progressive/improv/weirdo music scene,
having played with Hughscore, Land, Radio Chongching, Zony Mash, Pigpen,
and many other bands. Fred and Henry have collaborated for over 20 years,
in such bands as Face Ditch, the Tone Dogs, and Caveman Shoestore.
MinusPlus first came together in Seattle's Gravelvoice Studio for an
improvised recording session in April, but this weekend will be MinusPlus'
first live performances:

Friday, June 16th, MinusPlus, at Mr. Spots Chai House, 2213 Market (in
Ballard), Seattle.

Monday, June 19th, SIL2K presents  MinusPlus / Steve Barsotti /
inscrutable-d (Dave Knott),  Seattle, I-Spy, 1921 Fifth Ave. (alley
entrance), 9 pm, $5.

And, for the Oregon contingent on the list, look for MinusPlus performances
in OR in July.

Also, check out our MP3.com site (www.mp3.com/-minus-) for three new tunes
from Minus' upcoming CD!

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org