Re: Wow (EDP build quality)

At 12:32 AM -0700 6/19/00, mark red wrote:
>> I bought one of the last batch Oberheim made before the shutdown from
>>Alto music...
>
>Scuse me if i missed something, but does this infer that the orders put
>to Alto are no longer happening? Ive had an order with them, for months
>now,and was just being patient, like I was told to be... true they aint
>taken any money off my credit card yet, but they could'have told me...
>(am emailing them too, this is just a grumble...andworning to some that
>may be the same as me...IE...polite englishman...

no, no, no. you've been completely confused by his statement there.
(understandable, if you are not paying attention to the soap opera, it's
kinda hard to follow after a while. :-)

He's referring to a period about a year or so ago, when Gibson produced the
last batch of Oberheim branded echoplex units in the US before closing that
operation and moving it all to Trace-Elliot in the UK. Those units were
mostly sold through a Looper's Delight group-buy deal at Alto.

Gibson since moved the whole echoplex production to their trace-elliot
division, rebranded it "Gibson", and it's alive and cranking. The new units
from that effort are what is getting shipped now and they are continuing to
ramp production on it.

Also, in regards to the quality of these new ones, I think they are
top-notch now. The first batch that went out had a couple of problems, but
they fixed that up right away. They are working very hard to make sure
everything coming out is thoroughly tested and top-quality, and I think
they are doing a great job. Matthias and I have worked with them quite a
bit on this. Gotta love those British engineers. :-)

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |