Re: Frank & stupidity

In a message dated 6/22/00 6:19:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com writes:

> "I make a distinction between ignorance, stupidity and
>  idiocy. And fortunately we have an abundance of all
>  three in the United States."  Frank Zappa Oct 22, 1988
>
>  "It would be easier to pay off the national debt
>  overnight than to neutralize the long range effects of
>  our NATIONAL STUPIDITY" - Frank Zappa, from testimony
>  before Congress in 1986
>
>  "Scientists believe that the universe is made of
>  hydrogen because they claim it's the most plentiful
>  ingredient. I claim the most plentiful ingredient is
>  stupidity."                      - Frank Zappa, 1993

Three incredibly boorish and disingenuous statements from a man never
short
of boorish and disingenuous statements...I like some of his music and all,
but why is he  suddenly an authority on stupidity and/or (presumably)
intelligence?

Sorry, absolutely nothing to say about looping at the moment...

Ken R