Re: re-mixing/sampling

>While we're on the subject of DJ culture/sampling/remixing, I have a
>gear question. I'm pretty new to sampling, and I'd like to know if it's
>possible to completely cut out certain instruments out of a mix when
>sampling off of a record. Would I need a good mixer, or filters, eq, or
>somethig else? I tried the Electrix EQ- killer, and it didn't do the
>job. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

well, to single out an instrument is a hard task. in most cases you
don't get a clean sample, but you can hide some of it in the final mix
(but the price for that is that the mix could sound more "muddy"). i've
heard that there's a program for the mac, which breaks the song apart.
haven't tried it, because mac is not my platform.

greetz,

gregor