Re: --scratch perry--

At 07:53 AM 6/23/00 -0700, you wrote:
...  I'm sure I'm not the first to make these
>pronouncements.  Sorry for the desultory, long post.  Ben
>PS is there a Loopers' Manifesto?

There's a website. <http://www.annihilist.com/loop/loop.html> Lots of good
info there, including the answers to many of the most Frequently Asked
Questions and a complete archive with new and improved searchability... I'm
really not trying to be a wiseass (I guess it comes naturally), but you'd
be amazed how many people pass right by the site's resources on the way to
the list without checking them out.

Regarding the esteemed Mr. Perry, you might like this site:
<http://www.interruptor.ch/dub.html>

I also had one bookmarked called "The Dub Page", but I'm getting a dead
link; does anyone know if that site still exists? Through one of its links
I once found an extremely interesting interview with Lee Perry in which he
talked about what he's been doing for the past few years (His basement
recording studio shares space with the washer and dryer, so he has to stop
whenever his wife comes down to do the laundry. Yes, he really said that!)

BTW, I bought two kazoos yesterday, a red one for myself and a purple one
for my daughter. After a while she was starting to drive me nuts buzzing
Backstreet Boys crap into hers, so I showed her how to play "Crosstown
Traffic". Do-dooo-doodle-oo-doo-dooo... We were walking down a semi-busy
street at the time and got some great glares from passersby... Priceless, I
tell ya...

Tim