Re: MClark:OrvilleRules

>...Vsig makes life easier...who else does a such
>extended and complete service to creative tweakers? NOBODY!!! ...

If it's "open systems" you're discussing, I just gotta point to the Kyma
system.
See http://www.symbolicsound.com/ .  I've never seen such an open system,
which
is the reason I bought one.  It comes in two parts: Kyma (the sound design
language/environment) and the Capybara hardware accelerator.  Kyma runs on
a Mac
or Windows system that's attached to the Capybara via a proprietary
interface.
I've got a "Capy Lite" which is a basic unit with four DSPs and four
analog/digital inputs and outputs.  A fully populated Capybara-320 has 28
DSPs
and eight analog/digital inputs and outputs.  Although the hardware isn't
available off the shelf (Symbolic Sound's shelf), the software will
support 128
DSPs.

The unit is programmable at many levels, from using the several hundred
supplied
Sounds to DSP assembly language.  When you write "microsounds" in assembly
language, they're integrated into the Kyma framework and completely
interoperable with the supplied Sounds.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com