Re: bad night, or: instruments

-maybe it would be a good idea to have some sort of fail-safe 'emergency'
backup.  I have a loaded 16 space rack and my sound relies a great deal on
looping and vortex related abuses; but should something in the system trip
me
up I just send the line out of my preamp into my Didgitech  RDS7.6 (which
is
outside my rack) and into an Alesis Nanoverb in the back straight into my
poweramp. (...this is where you discover if it's your inst. cable or not!)

    One of the coolest gig experiences I've had was watching Gavin Friday
in
concert.  Gavins band relies on a great deal of processing for shows (I
think
the keyboard rack stretched to the ceiling!)  but they were having
problems
with the power all night.  Anyway, at one point all the power to the stage
cutout.  Without missing a beat, Gavin sat on the edge of the stage with
his
megaphone to sing, the keyboard player picked up his accordion, and the
horn
player kept playing-finishing the song with little bravado from them but a
roar of excitement from the crowd.  That was cool!
-and to finish this long message let me point out to all the unfortunate
loopers out there that on two of the four times I've seen David Torn his
sound cut out on him completely - leaving him scratching his head and
twiddling knobs until his sound would return a minute or so later with a
great and musical whooosh of sound.  See gang, it can even happen to the
master looper himself so it can happen to you too.  Preparation is the
key!