Echoplex Problem - Need Help

Hi,

Need some help.

I have a Gibson Oberheim Echoplex.  I've been experimenting with Next
Loop.

I want to record loop 1, press Next Loop and immediately begin recording
loop 2, etc.

I set the looper for 3 loops and Auto Record:ON.  But, I record loop 1 and
press Next Loop and I do not go to loop 2.  It takes another press of Next
Loop to get me there.

I tried to set SwitchQuant, but I get an OFF message, and two other weird
messages.  There is no ON message.  I tried the other two weird ones, but
they didn't do what I'm looking for.

Have I missed something?  Is the unit defective?

Thanks,

Michael C.