Re: Roland handsonic (& battery-powered amp Q)

Pedro Felix (04:30 PM 08.07.2000) wrote:

 >Stephen,
 >Is this puppy anything at all like the WaveDrum? can you use/trigger
 >external modules? What is the approx. price

US $1295 list, and it's MUCH more machine than a Wavedrum. All of the pads
DO send MIDI (as well as the ribbons and DBeam) but there's a whole sound
engine in the machine which is based on Roland's Virtual Drum modeling
system.

The only drawback that I can think of without having had dedicated time to
play with one is that it has just two audio outs (plus a headphone jack).

But, internally the level and pan position of each sound is individually
definable so it may not be THAT big of a deal. I'm not one to process drum
sounds individually anyway...

Mark
|_) _  _||\/| _  _ ._          evolutionary electronica