Re: *%cked up Echoplex "repair" (rip off?) what now? Help

At 4:59 PM -0700 9/6/00, sock s wrote:
>I sent my Echoplex to John Leimseider of MusicTek (Hollywood, CA) in March
>for repair under warranty (no-one else would respond at the time ..)
>The main problem was that parts of the readout were staying half-lit
>always (making it difficult to tell what the numbers are..) .  and it was
>making loud popping when turn on .
>I just got it back .   It has the basically the same problem it had when I
>sent it (the same places of the readout going out) and now another part of
>the readout looks like they might be doing that.  Pops/surges when turned
>on or off.  [ It was returned to me without the clamshell case I had sent
>it in, which I had requested (more than once) to be saved and returned to
>me in.    also the middle front screw is missing.. ]  The service report
>only says:  "Straighten panel, reseat simms (bet that was tough), run
>diagnostics, c/o .  All O.K."       This is what I waited half a year for
>?   this took them 5-6 months to do?  It actually seems to be in worse
>shape than when I sent it in.
> I dont know what to do now , this is terrible.   I really dont want to
>send it back to MusicTek .  Can I send it somwhere else now for warranty
>repair that was not done right   ???     I dont know what to do

I don't know about the MusicTek place, but Gibson now has a nice service
facility in the US that handles Echoplex. Contact Shane Radtke
<sradtke@gibson.com>, 1-800-544-2766 x206 or (847) 741-7315 x206.  Shane is
a great guy, he'll fix you right up.

kim