so I got a Handsonic.....

I bought a Handsonic yesterday, and I REALLY like it now.  Like most
Roland
Gear, you have to undo alot of damage in the presets.  Someone had
mentioned
earlier how the retriggered samples sounded fake.  The BEST feature of
this
unit is that it encourages you to play more than one sample at a time.
THAT
is what makes it sound 'real'.  Anyway, for me the Handsonic will inspire
lots of new grooves.  I still enjoy playing the real versions of these
instruments (Tabla and Udu are REAL hard to fake) but making quick loops
and
changing sounds quickly for overdubs is really fun...kind of a solitary
drum
circle (next album name?).
john