RE: Newbie Questions

I am a newbie as well. I don't think you can create loops in Acid, only assemble them. You need a audio program like Goldwave (shareware) or Cool Edit Pro (much better but costs as much as Acid) to create loops. Cool Edit Pro does not give you the ease of assembling that Acid does. Acid does key and tempo change anywhere within your composition as well as there is volume control within the loop that is graphically editable. You may even bring the same loop in and change its key and use it as a separate track. I hope I have been help.
-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Sinclair [mailto:stratboy@home.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 9:29 AM
To: Loopers Delight
Subject: Newbie Questions

Hi,
I want to start incorporating loops in my bands live performances. The only experience I've had with loops was doing a sideman guitar stint with
an artist who used loops on a couple of tunes. I really enjoyed the overall feel that these loops added to the music. So as I get ready to dive into looping, I'm a little overwhelmed with the possibilities.
I am planning on using Acid Pro 2.0 to create the loops, are there any other software packages that anyone would recommend over Acid?

The big question I have is how to actually incorporate the loops into the live performances. Presently our keyboard player doesn't have any sampling devices in his rig. We have been doing a couple of tunes where we use his Ensonic Fizmo's arpeggiator to do some "loop-type" performances. This has been good practice in playing with a set time source. The only problem is I would like a little more variety with the loops.
Here is how I want to use the loops on stage. Once the loops are created, I plan on burning them down to CD and using a CD player live and feed that through the monitors for the "click track"  Am I on the right track with this plan?  If so, does anyone know of any CD players that come with a footswitch for starting and stopping?
Thanks for any advice on this subject
Craig