Re: Deltalab style infinite repeat?

At 13:08 00-09-14 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm kinda ignorant on how the old Deltalabs operated.  How's it different
than
>loopers like DL4, Headrush, Jamman, EDP, etc.?

It works like a standard delay pedal with a delay up to 4096 msecs. When
you like your groove, you hit the "infinite repeats" button (or a
footswitch). The thing will be running until you release the button and it
will decay at the level of feedback you indicated on the unit. When you are
on the "infinite repeats" mode, you can do things over that don't go in the
loop.

The DL4 doesn't have this feature. And for the Headrush, I actually don't
remember if it's got an infinite repeat button. If I remember correctly, it
doesn't.

What is great with the Deltalab's Echotron is the two kinds of feedback on
the same knob.

Clockwise= Hard feedback (like digital units)
Counter clockwise= Soft feedback (like older, analog units)
Center= No feedback

It's a very old unit but I think it sounds great. Better than most digital
units like the DL4 or BOSS delays. I even think it sounds better than my
IBanez analog delay. But for the looping options, it's a little
prehistoric. :)
Christian