Eventide4 S.Schreirer

>From: "Schreier, Steven (Steven)" <schreier@avaya.com>
>To: "'italoop@hotmail.com'" <italoop@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Eventide
>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:44:07 -0600
>Italo,
>I own a DSP4000 and have used Vsig for a bit.  Nothing as deep as you but
>do enjoy the unit--a fasicinating box of joy.
>Have you had a chance to dive into the DSP7000 or heard any great things
>about it??
>Steven
>Hi Steven
DSP7000 is basically one of the two Orville’s DSPs….exactly the same
thing…same OS same everything. The two units are totally compatible, so
users can swap programs. The only differences are that DSP7000 is not
quadriphonic, so it has two ins and 2 outs; orville has 4!
So 7000 users will not be allowed to use internel modules like QuadMixers.
You can actually download Orville and DSP7000 manuals, which are almost
identical, in PDF format at www.eventide.com, on the first page of the
site
at the bottom…it’s worth reading what kind of “bastards” are these two
guys!!! One more difference: Orville has a sampler board with 173 seconds
memory that can be used for sampling AND/OR delay time. The 7000 hasn’t
such
module but it can be installed as an options. Eventide will soon release a
DSP7500 which is a 7000 plus the sampler board. The standard delay memory
is
43 sec at 48KHz sampling rate.
Now if you get the sampler you’ll have 43 + 173 seconds totally divisible
into how many samplers and delay lines you like: for example you can build
program in which you put a mono delay/looper with 20 sec, a stereo one of
20
sec (20+20) a sampler with 60 seconds and even a reverse looper/shifter
with
32 seconds PLUS add pre and post processing
(Choruses/flangers/Shifters/Verbs etc…) and vol.pedals and mixers to
organize the whole thing. Everything under total midi control…is that
enough??? …and the sound, man!!! THE sound!!!
I really think that one of these units linked to a Repeater will be the
most
incredible & rliable looping/sampling and audio mangling station in the
universe. Just add a Peavey PC1600x or a Lexicon MRC to get full power
midi
remote controlling and you’ll be on a starship to planet Zargon, at 150
light years from Earth….fast and SAFE!!!

                  Italo