loop clock for samplers

sop@n2mail.com said:

>I think it would be good if it could send MIDI messages for "synced
>recording"    so that you can instantly put exact loops onto a
>sampler...
>(way more practical than MIDI dump..)   (so start of loop cycle can
>trigger record start on the sampler , and end of loop cycle can
>trigger record stop on the sampler (or phrase recorder) ..)
>Can this already be done with the Echoplex very easily ? (or could
>it with a software upgrade?)
>(or is there a way to do this with anything like from the start and
>end cycle of a drum machine.. ?)

thats a nice point

Since Version 2 we had a MIDI signal going out at the start of every cycle.

To transfer, you would need one each loop. We had planned to include
that to the upgrade for other use...

would that resolve your problem? Can your sampler understand a simple
MIDI note beeing played each time the loop starts as start AND stop?

I also thought this note could be helpfull to trigger samples...

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org