Re: I have a question (regarding SP-808)

I had an SP-808 for two days an I took it back!  Not because it wasn't
good,
but because i 'thinks' differently than I do.  I have lots of experience
with
different samplers (Akai MPC-2000 mostly) and Hard Disk recording (I
bought
one of the first Roland DM-80's...$15k ouch).  And the SP-808 is a strange
combination of the two ("don't understand it? wanna kill it...").  I
really
like the MC-505.  The most obvious addition to your rig would be a
REPEATER.
You would be able to sample "LIVE" while in sync with your 505 and 808,
the
loop gets stored to the memory card, and anytime you wish you could 'fly'
your Repeater loops over to the 808.  Personally I would rather have the
REPEATER alongside a regular hard Disk recorder (VS-1680 etc...).  I have
computer-based system now, and I intend to use te Repeater for loop
construction while synced to my MAC.
hope that helps,
John
In a message dated 9/20/00 9:17:47 AM,