Re: speaking waggishly of Echoplexes...

In a message dated Tue, 3 Oct 2000  3:30:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mark
Sottilaro <sine@zerocrossing.net> writes:

I'd love to be able to demo the two together, as they both sound great.
I'd also like to have 40 slaves pealing me shrimp all day.

> If you demo an EDP and a Repeater, wouldn't that create some sort of
>infinity?  A swirling mass of nascent energies that regernates itself to
>the point of Zool?  A noise that lasts until the AC is cut off?  You
>could get them just out-of-sync the right amount so as to cause severe
>cognitive dissonance.

You could also just get one slave (illegal in the US for some time now,
except at certain computer manufacturers) to peel one shrimp, and loop the
whole experience.

I saw the Flaming Lips, and they looped video of Judy Garland as Dorothy
in the Wizard of Oz singing just the word 'why' from 'Over the Rainbow',
and then did a straight reading of the song themselves over the loop.. it
was somewhere in the realm of perverse and hilarious... the vague
sexuality of young Dorothy mouthing 'why' over and over... made me wanna
peel a shrimp

kevin