DOD Dimension12

Hi,

The Dimension12 is not the perfect beast for looping.To many compromises
and not
finally developed for all kinds of looping.

Nevertheless it is obviously limited for several reasons,it is from a
practical side very
useful for my work.I own two of this devices.I need them for Stereo.
The sampling section is not in use for it.I only use the delay mode.

With maximum delaytime(12sec) I use both devices as last chain in the
row,I call it
the unwritten sheet of paper mode.Or easy said as simple Recorder/Looper
before the
signals go to the PA.Wit all the other devices I shape and form the
sound wich can be
repeated infinitly over the DODs or get a Fade Out character by
adjusting the Feedback
knob.Such a Fade Out is recommended mostly,because there is always then
the possibility
to change the harmonic and rhythmic structure of a "song".In this case
12 seconds are
enough to arrange a fluctuating sonic adventure.

Another Mode is the Primefactormode.I use this odd values to create over
a long time
a metric changing Stereoevent.Both DODs are again in Stereo-mode.Let me
give an
example.DOD1(left channel)is set to 7seconds delay,DOD2(right channel)
to 11 seconds.
Both are in full loopmode.Then it needs 77seconds before an acoustic
event(try out a
single percussive one) will sound together again-like it was
recorded.Within this 77
seconds the acoustic event will get splitted up and change the relation
of left and right
channel in a drastic way.A kind of Stereo-rhythm appears.
Try it out with complex material and the material will get a
Stereorhythm,wich results can
not be preplanned.If using in forefront of the DODs also effext like
panning,the result
will get more exciting.

The same can be used also in Monomode.This means a serial connection of
the two
DODs.Both set up with different Delays.

One nice helpful tool is,that the long delay times can be changed up to
twelve seconds
via display.Eventhough the steps are rough.But for long delays this is
acceptable.
You donīt really realize if a signal is delayed 11,2 or 11,3 seconds.
Also the possibility to tap in the delaytime by footswitch is useful and
can create some
interesting layers.A prerecorded/looped material in a short time-maybe 1
second,will get
a big layer when a 12second delay gets taped in.The one second segment
will get inter-
polated/copied over the time of 12 seconds.

Instead of using maximum feedback,there can be also used no
feedback,then we have to
route back the output of the DOD to a channel the mixing console.In this
channel we can
shape the sound through filters and send it back over effect send to the
DOD.
Fortunately the DOD has two outs,so this is possible.To have a straight
on sound and
a routed back signal.

Besides the delay only,the DOD offers also a kind of Chorusing/Flanging
effect.With a
long delaytime it can change the material extremely.A nice gimmick.

The sampling section is not used in my work,but for entertaining my
little nephew it has
also a private funfactor.

Conclusion: The DOD Dimension 12 is a little bit limited  to be an
everybodys
                     darling in the Loopingscene.Nevertheless it is a
machine with wich looping
                    is possible.Not for everybody,but maybe just the
right machine for your
                    musical work.

Martin