Re: OT Noises through pickups (rather gongs...)

Tim Nelson wrote:

> ...To drag it a bit back ON-topic, one way in which this is relevant to
> looping is in the way this phenonenon (interaction/disruption of harmonic
> content) varies depending on where the combination is actually happening.
> When I use a smaller looping rig in which my straight, looped and
>otherwise
> delayed signals are combined into one signal to come out of one
> amp/speaker, it's a very different sound than when using a larger rig
>where
> several discrete signals are amplified separately and come out of
>different
> speakers placed in different parts of the room and the combinations occur
> in the air acoustically. Undoubtably much of it can be attributed to
> harmonic distortion (since the smaller setup usually ends up getting
>pushed
> a lot harder!), but there is a real difference in timbre going on
>there...

tim,

this is a nice post. i hope the topic of comparative sensory phenomenon is
not
too far afield for the rest of our looping friends (your efforts in
keeping it
on-topic much appreciated...); i find these comparisons interesting...

lance g.

ps: could harmonic distortion be compared to dot gain?