Re: Yamaha AW4416 vs. Roland VS-1880: Recommendations?

Kevin Mulvihill wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently wrestling with whether to buy a Yamaha AW4416 or Roland
> VS-1880. I was just wondering if any of you out there had either of these
> recorders and what your recommendations might be. What do you especially
> like or dislike about these boxes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kevin

The roland will be much cheaper.  The Yamaha has much better
specs, expandability, etc.  I used an 01V for a while, and it is an
extremely powerful mixer. Moving faders make things a lot easier
on a digital mixer of any sort.  There's a review of the AW4416 at
Sound on Sound (www.sospubs.co.uk), but a subscription is required.
If you can afford it, go for the AW4416.

Jim