Re: creative mixing

Is there anyone who's using a mixing setup that allows to loop an effected sound and re-process this loop in to the same processor the original sound has been treated ?
I mean a live and real time setup, so physical plug/unplugs or not allowed and you have to use a peronal mixer: one of those can be rackmounted, not a studio board.
Try to think it with 3 effect processor with stereo inputs/outputs and 2 loopers: one with mono and one with stereo input/outputs.
Luca,

I use a live rack centered around a Behringer MX2642A Eurodesk (26 Channels, 4 Busses, 6 Auxs). The effects used are a Digitech Studio4 (Aux 1&2), Sony GR-MP5 (Aux 3) and MAM RS3 Filter (Aux 5) and a Korg AX1000G (fed by the bass guitar). Loop-related devices are a Line6 DL4 (Bus 1&2), Emu ESi-32 Sampler (Bus 3&4), Akai Headrush (Aux 4) and Digitech RDS 2001 (Aux 6).

So, I might take a soprano sax sound (from the mic connected to Channel 2 of the mixer), send it through the Sony (by turning the Aux 3 up on Channel 2), then route the Sony (Channel 15/16) and mabye the sax (Ch 2) to Bus 1&2, loop it with the DL4, which comes back to Channel 3&4, where I can reprocess the whole loop with any means desirable.

The entire crap is mounted in a 20HE rack, plus a 2-manual Keyboard stand (Korg Prophecy and Yamaha SY85) and a Quasimidi Sirius sitting on top of the rack, and lots of pedals on the floor (AX1000G, headrush, DL4 & various footswitches/pedals).

This what you were thinking about ?

            Rainer