R: OT Guitar processor

Having been involved Lex Mpx G2 and Eventide gtr 4000 (devices I think I
know well because I have owned the first and owning the second one) I want
to give my brief description of the main diffences between the 2.

Lexicon is very oriented to analog effects simulations like the most famous
gtr stomp boxes and preamps simulations. It works well, very nice reverbs,
JAM MAN inside (20") with the chance to patch it before/after effects. It
also have a nice mixer inside, a very natural compressor and very powerful
midi implementation. I found it a little bit annoying if you want to
destroy
gtr signal with deep processing, plus it goes fast out of memory power.

Eventide is a wide and deep processor, it lacks of some features like tap
tempo controls (you can build it inside but you cannot play between the
first and second tap). You have to work hard to find interesting
saturations
but has a deep preamp (multyfreq.). You can work on it at several levels:
making small adjustments on presets or hard editing it ( big work). Of
course pitch transposing is something hot inthere !

The both machines have peculiar things: a very small space to save user's
programs (on Eventide you can use a Pcmcia card though) and  very deep
programming study is needed. They "think" in different manners: Lex. is
more
"linguistic" , has a very small display and "tree" conception; Eventide is
"mathematic" and works with modules of several types, its big display
becomes smaller with all those controls, but there is a very useful PC
editor on line.

Regarding Boss, I think that the engine inside those new floor models is
the
same of my VF-1. For the price they come it's very interesting to abuse of
them.

All of them have looping power, in this case Lex. is the most powerful. (I
saved this mail to be out of thread !)

Other interesting box are G-Force/Fireworx, but with just approx. 1,4 "
mono
delay,  0,8" stereo.

Enjoy trying them (always with your gtr and amp).

Best Luck,
Luca