Re: OT Gentle Giant

>Gary lisves here in Illinois down the road. He is very happy working on
>his
>house and tending cats and dogs. We are both currently looking for a good
>Guitar processor that will allow us to record streight to the board. The
>Boss
>GT# and % are looking like good contenters so far
>
>paul

Hey Paul,

You should really check out the Zoom GFX8 if you like the Boss GT-3 and 5.

It costs less and it also sounds really good.  I think it has a 25 second
phrase sampler which qualify it as a looper.  I tried one out at the
Zzounds
store in Chicago for about a half hour.  It has amp modeling and nice
distortions/overdrives.  It has more effects types than the Boss units:
69>32.  Also like the Boss'es it is in a steel box and is rugged yet it
has
plenty of knobs for setting up sounds (more than the Boss units).  It has
mono in, mono effects send and return, an auxilary stereo pair in and
stereo
outputs.  It also comes with software to program it even more from a Mac
or
PC.  If you like the sound, it certainly beats the Boss units for
functionality and control features.

I am thinking of getting one to use instead of my racks for its
portability
when I play out.  I play Electric 6 string violin as well as playing a
little guitar and bass.

Check it out before you decide:

www.zoom.co.jp

have a good one