Re: OT: Klein wood, chambers

Oops... got trigger happy with the send command...

>> ...chambered swamp ash beckons--maybe it's only the visual lure?

> What visible lure: the chambers are invisible. The only chambered Klein
>that I've played had little cracks in the surface where the chambers are.
>This is not meant to be a commentary on the workmanship, the guitar had
>mistreated in other ways. At any rate, the chambers didn't seem to make a
>huge difference in the sound.

Methinks he's talking about the grain of the ash...

> My Klein, which I got used, (thanks Keenan) is solid
>basswood/Bardens/TransTrem. I love it. I had been a Steinberger guy for
>several years, not being able to rationalize a solid body guitar
at the Klein's price point. Suffice it so say that I still occasionally
use one of my Steinbergers, but only because it has a synth pickup built
in. The Klein just feels right. - - Chris Muir

The size and feel are so right on them... They're really small in their
gig bags so it's super easy to take them along wherever. Since the couch
is my main noodling area, I yearn for a guitar that just sits in the right
position. I'm really tired of propping up the neck of my Strat. Although
I've been playing a new swamp ash model with hss Barden config with a
sustainiac and it's now my first choice... (and I really love my older
Strat a lot).

-Miko