Re: vortex sounds

All in jest...and there will definitely be some who disagree, but
IMHO, it makes the same sound as beating your head against the wall.
That's the only sound i heard...because i kept beating my head
against the wall trying to make the damn thing work!!!

Seriously, some folks say it does magical things, and it does sound
like nothing else sometimes.  I just found it incredibly frustrating
trying to fine tune or create my own patches.  You just keep turning
the dials until ya hit something, and then go "....oh, ok, i guess
that's how feedback #1 set at 32 on 'Cycloid' sounds...", or
something like that.  Good luck trying to 'recreate' a sound if you
didn't save the patch.

Have you found one and are deciding on whether to buy or not, or are
you just curious and want to hear one?  Where are you located?  In
Southern California, they are quite common...they pop up in the
Recycler often and the used/trade/rent music stores or pawn shops
often have one or two that they've been sitting on for a couple of
years.

If you're ok with the UI, you're set...

rich