Re: ER-1 into Feedback Matrix

<< Are the gates on the ER1s inputs opened as a gate effect of the midi
pattern, or by surpassing an internal audio threshold? Does the ring
modulator, delay affect the input signal? I want to use these effects
without using the internal sounds on the ER-1. For example- I am using a
turn table 1 and I want to sync the beat to the ER-1 (tap tempo or dial it
in) hit play in time then use the gate to send through sounds from
turntable
2 gated to the beat. Any opinions here? >>

The audio inputs on the electribe series (i have the ES-1, which is the
sampler version) can act as gate inputs or just go straight through (with
FX).  There is a gate "part" which you can program to play in pattern with
the built-in step-sequencer or with a MIDI sequencer, so to have the audio
in from turntable 2 gated to the beat you'd have to program the desired
beat-pattern using the gate/audio-in "part", which will be very easy if you
are just wanting four on the floor.

You can set the effects on the audio in part the same way that you would
any
other part on the Es, except the "reverse" option won't work and I don't
think that the "roll" one will either,  though i'm not sure.

As far as I can tell, the Es don't offer the oppurtunity to control the
gate
time based on any parameter of the audio input.

User guides to each electribe are availabel in PDF from korg.com... here's
the ER-1 guide: http://www.korg.com/downloads/pdf/ELT_Guide.pdf

best,
phalen