Re: echoplex

Being the owner of 2 Echoplexs and a Lexicon Jamman I will state what I
believe to be the pros and cons of each unit. Bear in mind that I am a
guitar player and use each of these units in an extensive guitar rig.
Jamman (Pros):
1) Clean sounding with no clipping/distortion problems.
2) Because I run my rig in stereo I can run both sides of my rig with one
unit.
3) All functions are easy to use.
Cons:
1) Only 32 seconds of maximum delay time.
2) Triggering seems to vary in consistency.
Echoplex (Pros):
1) 192 seconds of delay time.
2) Consistent loops.
3) All functions are consistent and smooth. Even with the 2 units
"brother-synced" together.
Cons:
1) Difficult to use at first (not very "musician friendly").
2) To run in stereo you have to use 2 units.
3) Inconsistency in the input and output sections from unit to unit. Both
of
the units I have were made this year lass than 6 months apart. Yet I have
set the input of one of my units 40 percent lower than the other.
4) Clips and distorts very easy. Levels seem to need to be set way to low.
            Well, thats my opinion on each of these units based on my
experience. Hope this information helps with your decision.

Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com