Re: OT: gate-checking

I agree with the UPS method - seems like they actually have some
responsibility - though one has to have friends in the target city to
assist
with it.

I find myself remembering a bit in Chuck Berry's (Keith Richards') movie
"Hail Hail Rock n' Roll", where Chuck's walking through St. Louis airport
with just his guitar in a regular case, and he's being asked about what
he's
taking with him... He says something to the effect of "change of clothes
and
the guitar," then when asked about damage, he says, "Hey, it's a business
expense!" referring of course to his ongoing persecution by the IRS.  Gotta
hand it to him, his "band" is always the local band, and it's THEIR amps
and
stuff.  He just brings the guitar and some picks.

Sigh.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!