Re: considering kyma purchase

Hi,
I'm using Kyma and these are a few of my, (subjective) observations.
Kyma is not just a looper it's a general sound creating/processing tool
that
you can configure to be a looper. It could just as easily be a sampler,
synthesizer etc. It has a lot of ram for storing loops ands if you want to
store complete performances it'll do that to your computer's hard drive
too.
It's sonic quality is impeccable, 24 bit at up to 100khz sampling rate.
This
is important for me since the regeneration of sound involves degeneration
of
signals and I don't like my loops mushy.
It's interface is rather clunky as far as programming is concerned. Having
said that if you've programmed 8 independent stereo loops with variable
pitch shifting and filtering once, this patch may form the basis of all
your
musical output for the next 3 years. You also HAVE to use it with a
computer. This obviously gives you good visual feedback but is one more
thing to cart around for live gigs.
Kyma to me is like an utterly beautiful sophisticated woman who's also a
bit
crazy - she can be exasperating but she's worth it !
Mine sings to me too : )

Gareth
            L's
                   Kyma