Need DL4 Help

Any DL4 owners had a problem with the bypass feature of the unit?  The
trick where you can put it into bypass so the delay decays naturally
when you switch the effect off sounds great when it works but I've had
some problems when I put the pedal in this mode.  The problem is
basically that after I'm done playing, the next time I plug in, none of
the delays work at all.  I have to reboot the unit twice to get the
bypass (and delays back).  I had thought that this was the result of the
initial firmware of the pedal and that the problem would be fixed with
the upgrade, but after having just sent my pedal in for repairs
(including an update), I still have the same problem.

Anyone else notice this problem and was I wrong in believing the
firmware had ANYTHING to do with the problem?  Its not life threatening
or anything, but it is an annoyance and one I'd like fixed if there is
an easy fix.

If any of you DL4 users know anything about this problem. please drop me
a line (before I contact Line 6).

Thanks

Kevin